COVID-19 Safety:While all masking and physical distancing requirements have been lifted as part of the Vermont Forward Plan, masks are recommended if event participants are unvaccinated.
At this time, GMT is not requiring face coverings on their vehicles, however, they do welcome and encourage mask usage on-board their vehicles. Please continue to respect passengers and drivers who choose to wear or not wear a mask.
Please Do Not Bring:
- Sparklers or fireworks of any kind
- Did you know that animal control officials across the country report a 30% increase in lost pets each year between July 3th and 6th because of fireworks? Please leave your pets safely at home: there is a high volume of pedestrian traffic and a lot of loud noise!
- No glass is allowed in the parks
Water and Boater Safety:
- Always wear a life jacket!
- Boat and paddle sober. Alcohol use is the leading known contributing factor in fatal boating accidents. Refrain from using alcohol or other impairing substances when operating boats or other watercraft.
- Always have a marine VHF radio on your boat. Cell phones may not be dependable while out on the water.
- Be sure you are not operating a boat or paddlecraft beyond your level of knowledge and handling skill. Operator inattention, boater and paddler inexperience, improper lookout, machinery failure and excessive speed rank as the top five primary contributing factors in accidents.
- Make sure you have all the required safety equipment on board and that it is serviceable. All paddle craft are required to have a life jacket (for each person on board) and whistle. In addition, an electric torch or lighted lantern showing a white light is required from sunset to sunrise, and in conditions of restricted visibility.