Please do not bring:
- Sparklers or fireworks of any kind
- Any pets, as there is a high volume of pedestrian traffic and a lot of loud noise
- No glass allowed in the parks
If you see unattended bags or any suspicious activity, please alert the closest police officer or anyone in a staff shirt.
Water and Boater Safety:
- Always wear a life jacket!
- Boat and paddle sober. Alcohol use is the leading known contributing factor in fatal boating accidents. Refrain from using alcohol or other impairing substances when operating boats or other watercraft.
- Always have a marine VHF radio on your boat. Cell phones may not be dependable while out on the water.
- Be sure you are not operating a boat or paddlecraft beyond your level of knowledge and handling skill. Operator inattention, boater and paddler inexperience, improper lookout, machinery failure and excessive speed rank as the top five primary contributing factors in accidents.
- Make sure you have all the required safety equipment on board and that it is serviceable. All paddle craft are required to have a life jacket (for each person on board) and whistle. In addition, an electric torch or lighted lantern showing a white light is required from sunset to sunrise, and in conditions of restricted visibility.